Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 7 February 28, 2011


AKA Where is My Time Going:
Hello Family! I first want to say thank you all so much for all of the love and support that you give me. I feel like all of your prayers are working over here in Porto haha because jeez I am being so blessed! Thank you all for the letters/emails and for all of the support! I always look forward to hearing from my Family.
The Next Thing I wanna say is PARA BENS DAD!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Jeez I am sorry that I am late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Guess what pops? Guess how I celebrated your big bday? I had a baptism!;) Awesome nao e? I was like, jeez if there is any cool way to celebrate my dads birthday it would have to be to have a baptism to make him proud haha. So Dad... how do you feel? Youre gettin a little older on me now haha but jeez you could probably still do more push ups then me! I wanna let you know how much you mean to me. You are and always have been my hero and If I look up to anyone in this World it is you! You really are the biggest and best example to me and I hope one day I can be like you. Thank you for always being there for me and thank you for everything you have done for me. You have helped me out so much in my life and you have set such a good example for me to follow. Thank you for raising me the right way and thank you for putting up with me. I remember to this day, when you would come in to my basketball games in all Brown, your UPS uniform, and you would have a Cream Soda in your hand. You would always walk over to me and give me the Cream Soda at half time haha to keep me going. Iºll tell you what, I thought that that stuff was the biggest energy booster in the world because my dad gave it to me!!! But in all reality it was always just seeing you come in and sit in the crowd with mom. Always when you would cheer every single game for me and tell me how I had the FIRE IN MY EYES during the game. Thank you for going to all of my games and for always loving me no matter if it were a win or a loss. I know that no matter what happened after the games you would always just talk to me about it and we would just talk about what happened in the game. You always pushed me to go harder and work harder to be the best that I could be. So thank you for always being there for me. I will never ever forget all of the memories that we have had together. They stick in my mind and they always will. You are the father that the rest of this world needs haha. I hope you had a great birthday and I hope you have exactly what you want. I want to let you know that you are probably the most loving person that I have ever known. You love everyone no matter the situation and you except everyone in such a loving manner. I hope one day I can be like that and be able to have people say the same thing about me. Love you Dad. Thank you for everything!!
Mom, you know I love you so very much too!!! Right?!! You are the the best mom in the world, hands down! I would not be here if it were not for you! I love you so much and I hope that I am making you proud over here! You have influenced my life so much! Never ever ever forget how much I love you and how much you mean to me! I am super excited to hear your voice again and to see you! I love you mom!
So, Everything is going great here! I am loving life and working my butt off haha. I have a new Companion now chama se Elder I!!! He is so cool, I love him to death. I have already been living with him since the beggining of the mission but now he is my comp. He is such a good example to me and so fun to work with. Always laughing I love it. He just goes up to people and its just fun to contact with him because he is so happy. He is from Lisboa so he already speaks fluent Portuguese which is a ton of help for me. Because now I pretty much HAVE to speak portuguese haha which is making me grow a ton. I think this is preparing me for somethin big comin up but we will see. I love my comp a ton and he is just super fun to be with. Oh and he is a baller! He could have gone pro in futebol but he decided to serve a mission instead.... woah I love this guy! What a stud!
So the work is EXPLODING HERE IN PORTO!! Serious, it is going so well. People are stopping us!!! hahaha what is happening here?! The Lords hand is in this work here for sure. We are finding prepared people like crazy and its just flat out fun to be here and find people everyday. I have already met a ton of good friends here and people that I will continue to be friends with forever. Saturday we had the baptism of Fernanda and it was awesome!! My Comp, I, had to go to another baptism to do the actual baptizm so I did a division and split with Elder H, an awesome Elder from Sin City itself. Dev, I think he lives really close to where you are moving! Remember that name please. But pretty much he didnt know anyone that was there so the batismo was put on my shoulders. Haha lucky for me I have great members who helped me out a ton. We had a member do the batismo. It was a little stressfull to make sure everything happened like its supposed to but it correa bem! ran well. I really like the goal to have a member baptize all of our investigators. It really involves the members more and makes it more of a family event. Its for sure how Its supposed to be.
Grandma Adams, thanks a ton for your letter and your email. I will keep Doug in my prayers for sure. I love you a ton and love the stories you sent. You should be very proud of him!!
Grandpa and Grandma Hatch, thank you so much for all of the letters you have sent!! I love getting your letters and hearing from you. Thank you for all of your support and for everything you do for me. Tell the ever so famous and great HATCH family hi for me!
Dev, man I love you bro! Thank you for your emails so much! I loved your thoughts and what you think about that situation. Please keep those kinda emails coming. I cant write back like I would want to but just know that I love them so much and think a lot about what you say. Thanks for the pic of Layla too!!! ohhhhhhhh goshhhhhhhhh she is so cute!!!! She is growing up on me!!! I love you bro!!! I need to send you a good letter this week. Be patient with me haha. So we have not done the Sushi yet but M is super excited to do it prolly next week. We talk about it all the time! It should be super fun just trying it out with her and seeing how it turns out haha prolly pretty messy but it will be super fun!! She is is just super cool like that.
Well family, I got to go! I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of your love and support. Have a good week!! I challenge you all to make sure that you read the scriptures every single day of the week this week. I promise you that you will feel more happy this week and feel more love in your life. Thank you all,
Love Elder Daniel John Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment