Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 43 November 14, 2011

Well, Its been a great week family! One that I cannot forget:) So let me get to the good stuff quick and tell you about the miracles that we are seeing in Viana do Castelo, Portugal.
We have been working with a young girl (17) named K for the past little while now and its been a blessing to know her. Last Friday as we prayed to know who it is that the Lord had prepared to be baptized we both felt like it was Kimberly, which it was:) The next day on Saturday as we prayed with her in the church, she recieved an answer right in front of our eyes that the Church is true:) From that day on, it has been a BATTLE to help her follow that response and follow Christ through baptism. She knew the church was true, but she just didnt feel prepared to be baptized. We worked hard every single day to help her feel prepared and ready for her baptism on Sunday, but it just wasnt really working out for some reason. Every single day we prayed hard to know what to teach her on the following day and what it is that the Lord wanted her to hear, and then transmitted the message to her. As the big day got closer and closer and closer she became closer and closer and closer to baptism, but still didnt feel 100 percent ready to do it. She passed her interview on Saturday and on sunday she came down to Porto where we had a Stake Conference:)
The Stake Conference was proabably the best stake conference that I have ever been to in my entire life. The spirit was so strong and the speakers (Presidente Torgan and his wife) really did an amazing job! Probably some of the best talks I have heard as well. I wish you could have all been there to witness it, but it was just AMAZING! A couple great quotes that were said are
WITH CHRIST, THERE IS NO CRISIS.
NOW IS THE TIME TO LIFT THE LIGHT TO OTHERS, WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THE DARKNESS
TO BE A PARENT IS TO BE IN A SCHOOL OF GODS.
After the conference we went to a seperate room and prayed together to help K feel ready. She told us that she still didnt and didnt know for sure. Thats when the Spirit told me that THAT is exactly the point of faith. If she knew with 100 % surety that would take away the opportunity for her to show her faith to God! So I told her that, and a couple seconds later she said, OKAY, I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED!! Hahahaha we all bursted out celebrating and got things ready for her baptism. She was baptized yesterday at the Povoa chapel:) An amazingly spiritual exprience for all of the people that were there and saw the miracles of Christ touch her heart to be baptized.
So here is some good random stuff for the rest of the week:) Enjoy:)
This week we also had a party of chessnuts. Yup. We roasted them in the fire and then ate them:) As we opened them up with our hands, our hands would go black and we would wipe them off on other peoples faces hahaha. It was a fun tradition although my face was pretty black after the party.
I ate a pepper called Piri Piri...... it didnt turn out well for me. I thought that I could handle the heat because of the mexican food I ate in the states but holy cow, this pepper almost killed me. It was good at first but then a member said 4.....3......2......1..... and boom my mouth caught on FIRE!! My mouth has never been that hot before, I think my lips almost burnt off. Well, they actually swoll up a little bit hahaha so I had giant lips.
Yesterday after the baptism we played a game similar to DO YOU LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, and I busted a chair...... I ran and jumped on it to claim my spot, but the chair just boom, colapsed under me. Looks like I need to lose some weight or something! I didnt think I was that big.
Oh yeah, to celebrate my year mark, Elder Park and I ate some Francizinhas! Oh man......... they are sooooooo good! I would count it as a great way to celebrate the mark.
I also got bit by a tiny dog the other day. We were just walkin home at night and I didnt hear him runnin up behind me. When I did see him he looked like an oversized rat and I pulled out a high step move on him and dodged his mark, but he got me pant leg. Hahaha I was close to just punting the little over the fence.
Also, this is the last week of the transfer, so next week you should be getting news about where I am going, or what I am doing. So I will let you know as soon as possible.
Okay, sorry the letter is kinda weird right now. I am just super hungry hahaha and I really want to eat. But Iºll leave you all with the following thought.
Presidente Torgan talked to the missionaries in the past about the importance of a mission. He told us that as we are on a mission we are learning how to become perfected and follow Christ. He told us that in the mission if we can not achieve that habit or that mindset then it is going to be very difficult after the mission because we will be so busy and 100% of our time will not be focused on the work. It has really made me think about my own personal progress and what I have been doing to set a mindset for the rest of my life. These truly are the times in my life that will decide what the rest of my life will be like. These are the times that will set the pace for the rest of my life, and I am gratefull that I have Pres. Torgan next to me to set the pace. The pace that he is setting with us is the highest and demands the most. Hahaha I never knew that as I came on my mission I would be fighting for my own salvation as well:) I am very grateful for the guidance that I have recieved from my beloved President and for the pace that he is helping me set in my own life. The mindset that will truly help me return to the presence of my Heavenly Father and be prepared to meet him again. Day for Day we are should be working on becoming perfected through Christ. It really is our destiny to become LIKE him, not just live in his presence. Pres. Torgan has really helped me see that this is the time to make the big changes in my life, and I know that every single one of us can have the same opportunity in their own day for day. Let us all work to become the people that follow Christ in every footstep and obey without hesistation. Let us become strong enough that we cannot fall into temptation and smart enought to become as humble as a child:) And let us do it together as a family:)
I love you all!
Elder Hatch

No comments:

Post a Comment