Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Week 51 January 9, 2012

Well, first things first. I need to thank you all so much for your emails to me. This week my heart was truly touched, haha close to crying here in the internet place. Not crying because of being sad or anything like that, but crying because I feel like you are all feeling the Love of God in your lives as well. It makes me unbelievably happy to hear that my family is so strong in the church of God, and that they are constantly helping others come unto Christ. Thank you so much for being the people that make this church so great, the people that put belief into action:) I truly have the best family ever, I could never ask for anything better. A family that truly does show our faith in our God through our actions. Its so good to hear about how the Lord is touching your hearts and how he is blessing you all in your lifes. Thank you so much family, you have no idea how much it means to me. You almost got me crying in a internet shop, thats embarrassing!
Well, yet another transfer has gone by and we got a couple of changes here in the beautiful land of the Algarve. My good friend and brother, Elder Guanuna, was sent to the Azores and I have recieved a great new companion named Elder Hansen, from Logan area. He is such a great comp, I am super excited to see so many miracles here with him! And the truth is, we are already seeing so many miracles here! From the day he has came in we have been seeing great miracles haha, so I am excited to see what another 5 weeks has in store for us. But let me tell you about a miracle that we had this week:) Just 1 of many:)
This week we prayed to know who needed to be baptized on sunday, and we got a sure comfirmation who it was, a man named N T:) Elder Guanuna and I had found N about a week or so earlier and he had come to church already one time, but the problem was that he was really hard to get in hold with. We didnt get an adress and we didnt get a phone number, so it was impossible to find him. We did have one lesson with him, where we explained the Restoration of the Church and invited him to be baptized. He accepted, but after that we couldnt get in hold with him. It just so happened to be that he called us to tell us happy new year, so we wrote his number down haha which ended out being really helpful for this week. So, after feeling his name be confirmed to the both of us, we called him and were able to set up an appointment with him (which was already a big deal in the first place) later in the day, so that we could transmit Gods will to him:) As we went out to do some elect searching we all the sudden just got a call from him. The first thing that he said to us, I WANT TO BE BAPTIZED!!! Hahahaha one of the best phone calls that I have ever recieved in my life! So we met up with him at the church and we talked with him.
Ends out for the last week or so he had felt the spirit continue to touch his heart telling him that he needed to be baptized in our church. He had tried to run away from that feeling and avoid us, but the feeling came back over and over again, and he couldnt hide from it. So he was thinking a lot about that feeling and how he had felt when he came to our church a couple weeks ago. He felt good about it all, and when he was thinking about it, we just so happened to call him and the exact same time. He knew that it was from God, and that the spirit had been touching his heart to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized with the true authority of him:) So he gladly accepted the day that we felt for him to be baptized, in fact he wanted to be baptized as soon as possible, but we had felt it needed to be on sunday, so N T was baptized on Sunday, the 8th, by his new brother, Elder Daniel John Hatch, at the Portimão chapel:) Now he wants to walk around with us and talk to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ, and wants to serve a mission when he can too:) N is 32, but I know the Lord will use him as a great tool here in Portimão. I have never seen a missionary or member with so much desire to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ with people in the streets. He LOVES the Lord:) It was truly an amazing experience for us here in the Algarve. I am so blessed to be able to be a missionary here in this great time. Its the best thing that has ever happened to me in my life!
We also marked an awesome lady named C to be baptized this sunday, so please keep her in your prayers! We will battle it out to help her be able to be baptized, but I know with the Lord we will be victorious. She is actually really excited for the baptism and ready to start a new life, so its going to be really good. Another miracle story that I will have to write about next week after she is baptized haha so I will leave it for next week. This will make a baptism for 3 weeks in a row for me in Portimão, so we are working hard for it. Should be good. I wanna start this year out really good! And I know the Lord has the same plan:)
Well Family, I love you. I would love to just keep writing and writing and writing about so many other miracles that have happened this week, but truth is, I dont have the time. So we will keep it for later:)
God lives and loves us, of this there is no doubt in my mind. God is the first and biggest thing in my life now, and as I have learned to put him there, he has been developing me into the person that I need to be. The one day Husband, Father, and leader. Its gotta be, I gotta work hard haha cuz I got so much to learn:)
I love you!
Elder Daniel John Hatch
P.S I will send you pictures of the baptism and the Algarve next week. We ran down to the beach this morning and I took some of the most amazing fotos ever!! Gosh, the Algarve is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful:) I think I fell in Love;) Tchão

No comments:

Post a Comment